Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Way Back Wednesday - August 11, 2010



My First Car
I wanted to drive ASAP when I was in high school. It meant freedom! And although most of the others my age thought of what car they drove as a status symbol, I really wasn't preoccupied with it. I drove the little silver nineteen eighty something Mazda 626 my mom bought way back.I loved it!
My older sister didn't get it because she wasn't as comfortable driving a manual. I mastered the manual since it meant having my own wheels. I drove at any chance offered me--to and from school, errands for mom, a friend who needed a ride. And at this time you could just about fill up your tank with a little over 5 bucks! When I went to college, Freshmen weren't allowed vehicles so I sold the car to my then boyfriend's sister. She ended up wrecking it and stashing it in their back yard. It probably is still there growing weeds out of the hood.

No comments: