Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Four years ago today I married my best friend and soulmate. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. I cannot wait for our little one to be a part of our love. I just thought I'd share a few pictures from our special day.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.
So Baby Pedersen is now the size of a Honeydew. And s/he certainly does react to light. Occasionally John and I will shine a flashlight into my belly and s/he will move all around and try to figure out what is going on. John doesn't like to do that though...he thinks he is hurting the baby.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Some interesting factoids about the number 99 from Wikipedia:
- 99 (ninety-nine) is the natural number following 98 and preceding 100.
- 99 is the ninth repdigit, a palindromic number and a Kaprekar number. It is the sum of divisors of the first eleven positive integers.
- Einsteinium, an actinide, has the atomic number of 99
- Several songs have the number 99 in their title:
99, a 1979 song by Toto
99 Bottles of Beer, a traditional American children's song
99 Problems, a 2004 song by Rapper Jay-Z.
- There is also 99 Records, a record label; ninetynine, an Australian indie band; and Pompeii 99, a rock band inspired byFleetwood Mac.
- 99 is the NBA record for Most Free Throw Attempts in a 7-game series, set by Elgin Baylor of the LA Lakers in 1962
- In the fictional film Major League, Charlie Sheen's character wore the Cleveland Indians #99 u
- In cricket, if you reach 99, it is considered unlucky, due to most get out and not make the century.
- In the NHL, 99 has been the only number retired league-wide as of 2008, forWayne Gretzky.
- 99 is the maximum jersey number a player can wear in theNFL.
- Agent 99, a character played by Barbara Feldon on the 1965 TV Show Get Smart
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Here are 10 in no particular order:
1. Adult swim at the pool
2. A dinner buffet with really good macaroni and cheese
3. My body pillow
4. Fresh Peaches
5. Postcards in the mail from my Dad
6. A husband who willingly watches movies with me that make me sob uncontrollably
7. Tomatoes from John's garden
8. 50 degree evenings...the first hint of Fall
9. Finishing the first of many planned hand-knit Christmas gifts
10. Feeling Baby Pedersen move on the inside and seeing it on the outside
Friday, August 8, 2008
Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.
In honor of my little eggplant, I share a recipe for Baba Ghanouj. Yum...
3 large eggplant
3/4 cup tahini
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced or pressed garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
Pinch of cayenne
1 teaspoon salt
The eggplant can be prepared 2 ways:
1. Broil or barbecue the eggplants, turning often, until the skin is blackened and blistered and the meat is tender, about 20 or 30 minutes . Let them cool for about 10 minutes and then peel the skin from the eggplant. Or
2. Bake the whole eggplants in a 350° oven for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender. Cool for about 10 minutes, then peel, or cut the eggplants lengthwise and scoop out the meat.
(To reduce baking time, first cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and place skin side down on a baking sheet.)
Squeeze the cooked eggplant meat to release excess liquid.
Puree the eggplant and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with sliced olives and/or fresh parsley if desired. Serve with pita bread wedges, radishes and green onions. Makes 3-4 cups.