Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bye-Bye Sissa!

Yesterday was a big day in our house...I mean HUGE. Nicolaus said goodbye to his pacifier, or his "sissa" as he likes to call it. In the morning I asked him if he wanted to be a big boy and say goodbye to his sissa and he said, "Yes." So I seized the moment, shoved it in my pocket and told him how proud Mommy is of him. He asked for it a few times and I just reminded him that he said goodbye to it and that Mommy is really proud of her big boy. Then came naptime. He didn't ask for it, but he threw a huge fit, basically as if he were refusing to nap. Yelling, screaming, banging on the crib. How his sister slept through forty-five minutes of that I have no idea. I stood firm though, and eventually he fell asleep for about an hour and a half. He did not ask for it again, not even at bedtime when Daddy read him stories and put him down for the night. Plus, he slept through the night until close to 7am.

Today he has asked for it a couple times, but when I remind him how he said bye-bye to his sissa, he comments that his Mommy is so proud with a huge grin on his face. I really love this little guy. He is getting to be such a big boy. (Geeze, am I ready for him to grow up?) So, no longer will we have pictures like those below where I want to capture his beautiful smile, but instead get a mouthful of plastic. No more will I have to chase after it in the grocery when he has thrown it from the cart. Never again will I have to feel around on the floor in the dark when he wakes up in the middle of the night asking for it. Bye-bye Sissa!

No comments: