Monday, January 7, 2013

Take it off Monday: Day 1

Remember my first post of the year? I disclosed how I do not like resolutions because so many of us find ourselves right back where we started when the year comes to an end. We beat ourselves up because of it. Well, that's me. Four countless years now I have been resolving to "Lose 20 pounds," "Get back to a size 6/8/10," "Fit into my skinny jeans." And guess what? It hasn't happened. Yes, I  had two babies back to back, but I can only use that as an excuse for so long. And if I am really honest with myself, I looked better when I was nursing and following a no dairy and no booze diet.

So, this is it...Day 1 of my journey to become more happy with my self and for me that means seeing a smaller number on the scale. I'm not yet sure what that number will be. I keep telling myself it is less about the actual number and more about how I feel, but I'll be honest, twenty fewer pounds would be great!

Let's call this my before picture:


What? Were you expecting a swimsuit shot?

No comments: